Headlines News :
Home » , , , , , , , » Spotlight: Why KotOR Needs To Be Brought Back

Spotlight: Why KotOR Needs To Be Brought Back

Written By Tech-Beever on Sunday 14 August 2011 | 14:58






The choice is yours. Do you take the light route; helping others, using your powers to fight for the good of the people.
Or do you take the dark path; terrorising folk, bringing your almighty reign down on all who oppose you.

That's the beauty of Bio-Wares epic KotOR series, the path you choose is completely down to you, you set your story, that ultimately has the same ending, but it's the emotional journey that you encounter during the 45 hour play through that makes it so compelling.
And you know what? We want it back!

Sure, the upcoming KOTR MMORG looks excellent, but what we want, nay, what we deserve, is KotOR III.

Hell, we'd settle for some kind of anniversary edition of both I and II running on the Mass Effect engine.

Everyone had their favourite party members, everyone loved The Ebon Hawk, and the fact you could have your own Wookie was just plain awesome.


But what of the story? quite simply, the two KotOR games had such brilliant scripts, that it made your play through gripping, and there lay another bonus; you'd want to play it again, trying different tactics, picking different party members and changing your force alignment.

Not many games made me care about my character or even those in my party, but KotOR managed to do it in spades.

------------SPOILER if you havent played KotOR II------------

In KotOR II, when the Ebon Hawk crashed and my party members died, I genuinely tried to raise it using force powers, I didn't want to lose my team, my new family, those that had helped and traveled with me through this incredible journey. And once I realised they were gone, I was angry. I stormed forward, taking out everyone who got in my way; if I wasn't on the dark side before, I was now.

The minute I find both KotOR I and II, I'll be picking them up, and I'll start the journey all over again. I do hope you'll join me, and when Bio-Ware come to their senses, we'll hopefully be starting a brand new adventure.

May the force be with you.
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. techbee - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger